Friday, June 20, 2008

THE PROBLEM WITH PLUMBING

Oh, what fun. We have a problem with our plumbing and our landlord is a trip, I tell you. We can't use our bathroom at all (no showers, no toilet) and he says he'd get around to fixing it within the month. With our pressing he found two "little guys" to do the work. He liked that they were little because they could fit under this house(!). Needless to say they are not certified plumbers and it could take two weeks to fix. "No way!," I say, "I have job hunting to do and family visiting and we need to USE OUR HOUSE." He is a funny old man with an eccentric history so you must pick your battles. I don't judge the way he lives, though when it's imposed upon us, it's too much. He has three lots; we live on one and he lives on the third in three different houses. His partner Uncle Bill passed away a couple years ago and would be so upset to see the way he is living over there... even by their standards it's bad. Anyway, he offered for us to use the bathroom in the "Bijou" property. It is fascinating on one hand, and on the other, it is crazy for him to expect us to be okay with this arrangement. Luckily, it should be fixed by Saturday evening. In the meantime, I'm showering at the public pool. Did I mention this is all taking place just a few miles from downtown LA? I don't know why that seems odd. ...more photos

No comments: