Thursday, June 05, 2008

FATTY'S FOOD

Jonathan took me on a surprise outing to Fatty's... seriously one of my favorite eateries in Los Angeles. Owner Kim Dingle has been known to rub people the wrong way, but she can do no wrong in my book. I've been a fan since we first met when I worked for her and Odi when they opened Fatty's. So, Jonathan and I sat out in the patio and sipped wine, ate fondue and had Kim's latest dessert concoction the Belgian Float made with ice cream and a very dry raspberry beer!

And, we saw Andy Dick as we left. Which reminds me... I believe I never posted some celebrity sightings from an opening at Gagosian in February. It was Julian Schnabel's opening during Oscar season (he directed The Diving Bell & The Butterfly). I crossed paths with Diane Keaton on the way in. I'm forgetting most, but Schnabel was there of course, and fashion designer and Project Runway judge Roberto Cavalli. Oh! And, Jonathan showed about-to-receive-an-oscar Tilda Swinton around the exhibition. I just looked at an online slide show from the evening and see that Werner Herzog was there. In a small gathering in the back offices, Seymour Cassel paid me a nice compliment and made sure my champagne glass was full. At the after party at Mr. Chow's I saw Lauren Hutton and Niki Hilton (Paris came to pick her up after I left), but unfortunately didn't see attendee Matt Dillon.

No comments: