Thursday, May 08, 2008

3 2 1 ROLL CAMERA

It's movie week. 

Tuesday: Iron Man at the Highland Park 3 theater with the neighbors. Three dollars for bad sound, stinky air and a rowdy crowd (it's improved over the years). I wouldn't have paid any more for that movie. Downey was good and that's all I can say.

Wednesday: Midnight at Weimer's house. We've been having movie night at my landlord's house. I have the same description for the place as the Highland 3 (it's gotten worse over the years). I wouldn't change it for the world. He knew most of Midnight's cast and he acquired the iron gate on Ave 46 from writer Charles Brackett's house after he passed away.

Thursday: A free screening of Manifesto at AUTOMAT (vending machine store next door based -loosely- on the NY version). Dina and I ate spelt/apple snacks while drinking Tecate and watching this artsy film about the Unabomber. Ted Kaczynski's brother was played by one of the artists we've represented at the gallery. 

No comments: