Saturday, May 03, 2008

THE POOL THAT RULES

This city keeps revealing hidden treasures, even after seven years of being here. And, so many within a few miles of our house. Just within the last few months I've hit the jackpot on several occasions. While looking for a bright-colored dress for my sister-in-laws Cape Cod wedding, I found Shareen Vintage where I bought a lovely silk green dress that is rockin'. Then, when I was dog sitting for my sister, I actually walked through LA Historic State Park (which was formerly used for the cornfield project) and it was such a great experience. I've driven by this park almost everyday since I moved here and have seen it go through all it's transformations. Glad that pup made the introduction. Then, I happened across Elysian Park's trails, which were so satifying. I think the kicker, though, has been finding Glassell Park Pool. It's open year-round and free with a library card. Does that rock or what?

No comments: