Saturday, May 10, 2008

ART IN MY MIND

My dream last night involved rearranging art that was in my mind. No, not art I was thinking about, but actually art that belonged in my head. The works were mainly black with a few streaks of strategically placed colors like red or blue. I was moving them around and waiting for them to download into their new positions. As if I were a computer, working hard, I felt exhausted during this time and remember waking up half way to note this fact. I love how dreams feel so real that they don't seem strange at the time.

Then, I dreamt about having an interview where I was (still) so tired that I tried so hard to keep my eyes open while the interview was talking, but it just didn't work. As I was leaving (needless to say it didn't go well) I realized I left my purse. It was a dark color and the office areas were full of really dark shadows so I couldn't find it anywhere. I was looking forever. There was a time when I would dream that I was the one showing people where their stuff was. They couldn't see what was in front of them. Hmm...

Today at work, I found a Polaroid camera and wondered how long it was sitting there and if there was film left in it. There was one picture left, and here's my self portrait.

No comments: